Sunday, January 27, 2008

Honestly...I Never Know What To Say

6. What do you say now when someone asks you: "What do you do?"

That's from the questionnaire all my students send in right after they sign up for my 3 Scripts (100 customers 100 days) telecourse. Here's a typical answer from a gent, a veteran in the business:

"Honestly...I never know what to say. The "Health Consultant" line bores me. "I'm a Network Marketer" line turns my stomach. "I'm a National Director with MY COMPANY NAME" line is responded to by yawns, mine included.

Believe it or not, I usually make something up on the spot, so I don't have to use one of those terrible opening one-liners! Crazy, but true. And then I hope that the person I am speaking to asks me what I am drinking so that I can tell them all about NAME of MY PRODUCT."

Network marketing is a business whose money-making mantra is:

Talk to people: Talk to people: Talk to people.

And yet no company nor its trainers give new recruits any usable instruction on what they should say to people about what they do, what they market, or how they make income (for when they're talking to potential sales reps.)

At Starbucks, the new recruits get 20-25 hours training learning to make 33 basic drinks and another 30+ variations before they set foot on the floor. All that to earn $6.75/hour.

So for 10 hours/week, the new employee earns about $200/mo. And that's AFTER they have demonstrated that they know how to make 33 drinks and the variations.

How much income is it, again, that they offer recruits in network marketing for working say 10 hours/week? Was that $1000/mo? Or $5000?

And how much time did they train you in how to talk to people? Did you ever have to demonstrate that you know what to say to people in all the different situations you come across them in?

Scripts are kind of like drinks, aren't they?

Short, sweet, customized to you, with different ones for different situations.

Of course, this situation gives me a little business so I can fill in the gap.

Wonder why this is considered so unimportant, though, by the powers that be.

Especially with a 102% drop out rate.

Kim Klaver is Harvard & Stanford educated. Her 20 years experience in network marketing have resulted in a popular blog, http://KimKlaverBlogs.com, a podcast, http://YourGreatThing.com and a giant resource site, http://BananaMarketing.com.Valentinesdayroses
Cheaproses
Valentinesday
Dayflowersendvalentine
Freshflowers
Giftflower
Valentinesflorist
Flowersgift
Valentineflower
Buyflowers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home